The Victorian Energy Upgrades (VEU) program plays a pivotal role in helping residents of Victoria reduce their power bills and decrease greenhouse gas emissions. This initiative provides households and businesses with access to discounted or even free energy-efficient products and services. The program operates by establishing a statewide target for energy savings, resulting in a diverse array of energy-efficient products and services being offered at a reduced cost to homes and businesses.
Accredited providers, responsible for delivering these financial incentives, can generate Victorian Energy Efficiency Certificates (VEECs). The quantity of certificates generated is tied to the greenhouse gas savings associated with the specific product or service. The actual incentive or discount received by households and businesses is contingent on market activity and certificate prices, leading to variation.
It’s important to note that products eligible for incentives must be professionally installed by an approved provider. While some appliance incentives may be available at the point of sale through participating retailers, consumers are advised to verify with an accredited provider before making a purchase.
The government’s commitment to energy efficiency is reflected in various rebate programs. Here’s a breakdown of the types of rebates available:
1. Heating and Cooling Rebates: By swapping out outdated heating and cooling systems for more energy-efficient alternatives or investing in new energy-efficient models, you can notably diminish both the expenses and energy consumption linked to heating and cooling.
2. Energy-Efficient Appliance Rebates: Upgrade your appliances to more energy-efficient models and enjoy rebates as a reward for your commitment to sustainability.
Type of products that may be included are –
- Clothes dryers for household
- Heat pump hot water systems for household
- In home displays
- Lighting for household
- Television for household
- Fridges and Freezers
- Pool pumps for household
3. Home Insulation Incentives: Proper insulation is key to maintaining a comfortable temperature in your home. The government incentivizes the installation of insulation, making it more accessible for residents looking to enhance energy efficiency.
Check out the governments official website here to know more and in details about the rebate. Click here.