Fortress Power recently unveiled its high-voltage energy storage system for the residential market that it is calling Avalon HV ESS. The first successful installation of an Avalon system was completed on Dec. 21, 2023, in the Philadelphia-area.
“Fortress Power’s entry into the high-voltage residential market with the Avalon HV ESS is a testament to our ongoing commitment to innovation and sustainability,” said Jing Yu, CEO and founder of Fortress Power. “The successful installation of our first residential system marks a significant step forward in our mission to empower homeowners with reliable, cost-effective, and eco-friendly energy solutions.”
The Avalon HV ESS system features a Smart Energy Panel, customizable battery stack and inverter. It also has several key features, including:
- High-Voltage Efficiency: Operating at 200~300-V at the DC terminal, the Avalon system closely matches PV array voltage, reducing the need for DC-to-DC conversion and enhancing overall operational efficiency by approximately 6-8%.
- Simplified Installation: With an integrated smart load panel, pre-installed AC-coupling circuit, 200-A pass through and straightforward EV charger installation, the Avalon system reduces the need for extra components (such as backup panel, AC combiner, separate smart load panel, bypass), and offers a seamless setup experience for both homeowners and installers.
- Advanced Load Management: The Smart Energy Panel can intelligently manage up to 12 different 120-V circuits, six 240-V circuits, or any combination, providing flexible whole home backup without a dedicated emergency power panel.
- All-in-One App Integration: The Fortress Power Keystone EMS app provides comprehensive monitoring of all energy flows, simplifying maintenance and energy management for installers and homeowners.
- Versatile Applications: The system works inside and outside, for large and small projects (scalable from 14.4 to 176 kWh), with DC- or AC- coupling, for EV charging and generators, and more.
“We’ve redesigned every step it takes to commission this equipment,” added Will Gathright, CIO. “My goal was for anyone to be able to confidently commission an Avalon system regardless of how much experience you’ve had with energy storage in the past.”
News item from Fortress Power